2012 Media Kit
The Suffolk Journal is the award-winning undergraduate student newspaper of Suffolk University since 1936. The Journal prints a 20-page weekly newspaper, distributed across campus and Beacon Hill. We seek to inform the Suffolk community about news and issues on campus and in the city of Boston that affect our student body, faculty and staff. The Journal consists of 14 editors, 2 advisors, and a staff of 25 writers, photographers, videographers, and copy editors.
- Arts and Entertainment
Social Media Reach
The Journal utilizes Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Tumblr, and FourSquare. We interact with our user base daily through Facebook and Twitter, and the other platforms on a weekly basis.
Print Edition Reach
The Journal prints 1,500 copies weekly. The copies are distributed to all Suffolk University buildings, including the NESAD campus. In addition copies are mailed out to alumni that request them, and local Beacon Hill businesses that request delivery.
Online Edition Reach
The Journal reaches an average of 8,500 page views per month. Online traffic is growing at a steady rate, with most referrals coming from Twitter, Facebook, and search engines in addition to direct traffic to our homepage.
Awards and Honors
Associated Collegiate Press
- Online Pacemaker, Small School, Winner – 2011
- Online Pacemaker, Small School, Nominee – 2010
- Best of Show, Small School Website, Third Place – 2010
- National Newspaper Pacemaker Award – 1999-2000
- All American – 1976-1977 – First Semester
- First Class 1977-1978 – First Semester
- First Class 1978-1979 – First Semester
- First Class 1978-1979 – Second Semester
- First Class 1979-1980 – First Semester
- First Class 1979-1980 – Second Semester
- Outstanding Student Organization of the Year, Nominee – 2010
- Most Improved Organization of the Year, Nominee – 2010
- International Students Association Citation – 1977-1978
- Outstanding Student Organization – 1975-1976
- Outstanding Student Organization – 1998-1999
- Outstanding Student Organization – 1999-2000
- Outstanding Student Organization – 2000-2001
The Columbia Scholastic Press
- First Place Certificate – 1980
The Society of Professional Journalists
- Mark of Excellence – 1976
- Mark of Excellence – 1978